Friday 15 January 2010

My weekly agile links 18-22 Jan 2010

Wow! What a week in terms of links flying around (I'm sure it is because it was my birthday during this week :) ). Out of these I could easily choose a few favourites but in the end it has to be one so this week's #my link of the week is Bill Wake's Scrum Development on a Page. Enjoy!

And here are all my links this week:

A post by Andrew Carey, caught my eye because it mentions John Seddon and I've been impressed with his talk from last week. The title is "Tick Box Britain"

Sometimes, Agile Alone Isn't Enough - Mike Cottmeyer on agile and the organization although to be honest is mainly about some/his book (apart from the diagram - I like that one)

Michael James's article in Better Software on Scrum and organization bariers to implementing it.

Henrik Kniberg advises us to stop comparing Scrum & Kanban to find out which is better. they both can be useful .. just like a fork and a knife - Kanban's Not Better than Scrum, It's Just Smaller

Roman Pichler's blog on Product Ownership (It was about time someone clarifies it - Thanks Roman!)

Scaling Software Agility: Best Practices for Large Enterprises - Presented by Dean Leffingwell

Selforganisation and Type of heat - this one's said to be inspired by Jo Pelrine's talk about head which I attended last May during #acg so I thought it must be interesting.

Lifehacking: Applying a Geek Concept to Advance Your Personal Growth I actually read this and it sounds very geeky + all the ideas about self improvement in different form.

Why Prioritizing Your Product Backlog for ROI Doesn’t Work - blimey read this one as well.. some good ideas but to me very similar to a prioritization excel spreadsheet I've been using over the last 2-3 years.

Scrum Development on a Page A good summary of Scrum on a single page (by Bill Wake)

Improving Software Economics - 10 Principles for Achieving Agile Software Delivery This is very interesting - IBM starting to talk sense. Well almost - I still sense a fair bit of overhead in these principles. Overall though a few interesting points that show these guys are beginning to listen.

Ability to manage change ‘marks out successful organisations A study that says client needs and not costs should drive change.

Scrum Anti-pattern : Prioritizing Stories Within Sprints Some call the Scrum Smells.. in any case things you should not do and if you have a few of those you might need to reconsider how productive you are?!

No comments: