Friday 10 September 2010

Weekly agile links 13th - 18th September 2010

A Survival Guide for New Agile Coaches New Blog Series by Dave Rooney

Lean Bicycle Factory Demonstration Game This is a great Lean Game that you can play alone or with your team. I found it was really great in showing some lean principles.

STEAL THIS PRESENTATION! Some tips on making your presentation less boring. I'm would also suggest splitting your presentation parts in 10 minutes blocks and have activities in between.

Slicing and Dicing Epic User Stories Some tips from Rachel Davis on splitting big user stories.

How BA uses Agile An explanation from BA of how the Agile has helped IT projects to deliver more value, sooner.

The Joy of Craftsmanship Matt Wynne explains why for him craftsmanship is about finding joy in your work.

GAMING INCENTIVES via Esther Derby. Mainly talks about toddlers but I am pretty sure it would work exactly the same way with adults (not that I have seen it anywhere!)

Speaking is a Team Sport: 3 Ways to be Responsive to Your Audience The same message keeps coming back to me whether it is in books, articles or tweets. so time to remember and learn ;)

Social-Technical Systems The slides from Mary Poppendieck's seminar "Social-Technical Systems" at Crisp published by Henrik Kinberg. Also has a link to Dan Pink's amazing talk on motivation.

2 comments:

Matt Wynne said...

Hi,

Thanks for referencing my article, but you seem to have misunderstood the article: I'm saying that craftsmanship and joy are absolutely the same thing, not a dilema!

Plamen Balkanski said...

Oops, my bad.. sorry and amended it - I hope now it reflects better what your article is about!